This workshop-based training is designed to create awareness of business continuity management based ISO 22301:2012 international standard requirements. Without an effective business continuity program, businesses stand little chance of surviving unexpected business interruptions. A business continuity program enables businesses to achieve resilience to business interruptions through a planning and management process.
Business continuity management (BCM) can be defined as a business-owned, business-driven process that establishes a fit-for-purpose strategic and operational framework that:
- proactively improves an organisation\'s resilience against the disruption of its ability to achieve its key objectives;
- provides a rehearsed method of restoring an organisation\'s ability to supply its key products and
- services to an agreed level within an agreed time after a disruption; and
- delivers a proven capability to manage a business disruption and protect the organisation\'s reputation and brand.
What skills will you gain?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Describe the true business benefits of adopting the principles of ISO 22301:2012
- Review how ISO 22301:2012 can be used to provide a framework for implementing or improving BCM within your organisation